God is in the details means that God is Sovereign which means that not only does He work together all things for good for those who love him, but also that He has revealed Himself as supreme in the universe through the second person of the Trinity, Jesus Christ.
The Supremacy of Christ is a crucial thing to know to prevent our lives from becoming a complete mess. See what Dr. John Piper has to say about this all-important truth, interestingly, in the context of sexuality. Read the message here, or watch the core of the message here.
"Oh, that the risen, living Christ would reveal to us:
- the supremacy of His knowledge, that makes the Library of Congress look like a matchbox, and all the information on the internet look like a little 1940s Farmer's Almanac.
- the supremacy of His providence, without which not a single bird falls to the ground in the furthest reaches of the Amazon forest, or a single hair on any head turns black or white.
- the supremacy of His eternality, that makes the mind of man explode with the unsearchable thought that Christ never had a beginning.
- the supremacy of His wrath, that will one day explode against this world with such fierceness that people will call out for the rocks and the mountains to crush them rather than face the wrath of the Lamb.
- the supremacy of His grace, that gives life to spiritually dead rebels and wakens faith in hell-bound haters of God, and justifies the ungodly with His own righteousness.
"As Abraham Kuyper used to say, 'there is not a square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry, "Mine!"' And rule with absolute supremacy."
Something to know and celebrate this Easter season.